Search This Blog

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Cake Decorating Tip of the Week - - Tip #2


Tip #2: Quality over quantity

I have bought many different brands of fondant, from the cheapest (Wilton) to one of the most expensive (Satin Ice). I did not like the taste of Wilton. It tasted very artificial. I only want quality materials used in my toppers, and Satin Ice has so far been the best. It is easy to condition and tastes great, with a larger variety of colours and flavors than Wilton. It also has a smooth finish. All of this is important, especially when you are turning it into gum paste (gumpaste, sugar paste).


Thank you for reading the second tip of the week and please feel free to comment and share.

-Terra


Etsy
Google+

Twitter

2 comments:

  1. I haven't worked with fondant very much. But these just happen to be the two that I have tried. I have to agree with you! I like the taste and texture of the satin ice fondant. And, for a beginner at fondant, this was pretty easy to work with.

    ReplyDelete

UA-34988946-1